Re: netboot E250

Eric Rapilly wrote:
Sorry, but it'snt an I386 that you should install : I386 is an INTEL processor, meanwhile on a sun it's a SPARC processor, a "RISC" processor .
Eric, I am using the sparc64 netboot image found here:

http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-sparc/current/images/sparc64/netboot/2.6/boot.img

(I guess this is just the same as "stable" netboot image.)

I guess it is the right file for Sun4u (UltraSPARC II 300Mhz) architecture.

But I have not gone that far. Right now no file can be transfered to the Sparc box through TFTP without error, whether an i386 or a sparc netboot image.

Cheers,

--
续本达
Xu, Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://thirsty.phys.tsinghua.edu.cn/MyWiki/heroxbd