Ultra Sparc 45 Workstation

Hallo,

I would like to get Debian (or other Debian-based distro) running on

Sun Ultra Sparc 45 Workstation
with
Sun UltraSPARC III processor
with
Sun Type 6 USB keyboard

I tried some Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo distributions for Sparc, but none
worked. So I would like to ask, whether it is possible to get Linux
running on this system and how to get it.

1) Debian stable
I tried the Debian stable branch (etch). It is no problem to get it
running from CD-ROM or via netboot. However, shortly before the Language
selection screen, some messages are being printed (and they also
disappear fast), but from what I could see, they correspond to problem
reported here [1]:

FATAL: Module usbkbd not found.
FATAL: Module usbhid not found.
FATAL: Module usbserial not found.

The language selection screen appears, but the keyboard does not work.
When I tried just normal keyboard, the computer claims, that no keyboard
is present.

2) Debian testing
When I boot Debian testing branch (or "try to boot"), the process ends
even earlier:

Requesting Internet Addresss for xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
\|/-
Remapping the kernel... done.
Booting Linux...

And that is all.

I tried also Ubuntu Linux (both relevant, 6.6 and 7.10) with similar
"success".

Could anybody in this list point me the some documentation, which would
help me? Is it actually possible to run Linux on this box? Should be,
according to vendor's site, if I interpret it well [2].

Thanks

Jachym

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=402929
[2] http://www.sun.com/desktop/workstation/ultra45/support.xml