Problems installing Debian on a Sparcstation 4

Hello

Today I tried to install Debian Etch on a Sparcstation 4 (110MHz CPU,
96MB Ram) with a 36GB harddrive. I had installed Etch earlier on that
system using a 2 GB Harddrive and wanted to upgrade to a bigger disk.
Unfortunately the installation always failed during hardware detection
at the step "Loading Module esp" (This is at 2% progress). The system
froze and I was unable to switch to another virtuel terminal.
I booted the system over the net using the boot image from
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-sparc/current/images/sparc32/netboot/2.6/

I tried to run the installer on a sparcstation 10, the hardware
detection was working fine on that system.

Is there some known problem with the Installation of etch on the SS4?

Thanks,
Peter