Re: Installing Debian on Ultrasparc III machines

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 12:33:42PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> In any case, I let it run some more, and then when it went more or less
> dead, I tried to press the said key combination on the keyboard - to no
> avail. Break+p would be Ctrl+Pause+p? Didn't work, and Alt+Pause+p also
> didn't work. What was even more annoying was the fact that Stop+a got me
> the PROM shell, but I wasn't able to type anything in it (including 'go'),
> so that effectively freezes the machine.
>
> Please tell me if I did something stunningly stupid...

BREAK is an RS-232 signal that you'd send over the serial console.  (I am
assuming here that you've been instructed to use SysRq functionality
after a crash).  To do it at the keyboard, try Alt+Stop+p.  If you have
magic sysrq enabled and that doesn't work, file a bug on the Linux kernel
documentation.