Re: Creation of Sparc (32-bit) port.

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 22:16 +0100, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I know that discussion is on-going regarding the future of 32-bit
> sparc.
>
> I heard it suggested that a separate port could be set-up for 32 -bit
> sparc, permitting maintainers and supporters to pool resources and
> work-out whether 32-bit support is possible.  This would also give
> sparc64 the chance to be optimised, without worrying about 32-bit.
>
> Does anybody know whether any plans have been made for this to happen?
As far as I know nothing has happened for precisely the same reason that
sparc32 had to be dropped - there isn't anyone to work on the kernel.
Without that then a separate port isn't going to get too far, but if
there was some one / some people who were willing to work on it, there
wouldn't need to be a separate port...

Cheers,
 - Martin