Re: How to use a serial console on Ultra 1?

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 07:46:52PM -0500,
 John Zbesko <johnzbesko@alum.mit.edu> wrote
 a message of 43 lines which said:

> What I haven't found is instruction on what software to use to
> actually make the connection.

minicom

> I could use an example, like, open a terminal on the laptop, run
> minicom (?), set minicom to vt100 emulation, "connect" to the com
> port, etc.

Here is a minicom configuration file
(/usr/local/etc/minicom/minirc.serial, so I can just type "minicom
serial") which works to connect to an Ultra10:

pr port             /dev/cuad0
pu baudrate         9600
pu minit
pu mreset
pu mhangup
pu rtscts           No

The first line depend on your Unix (cuad0 is for FreeBSD, a Linux box
may prefer cua0).

The others are to avoid any modem-specific tricks.