Re: How to use a serial console on Ultra 1?

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 09:56:21PM -0500,
 John Zbesko <johnzbesko@alum.mit.edu> wrote
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> How do I use a serial console and test if my Ultra is indeed working?

My last Ultra 1 died one year ago but I have two Ultra 10 still
working :-)

In theory, the machine should switch automatically to the serial port,
if it does not detect keyboard and screen. Did you remove them?

If, after removal, the serial port is still not used, it may be
because the machine was forced in not using it.

To stop the boot, from the keyboard:

STOP-A

>From the Minicom terminal emulator:

Ctrl-A F