Re: Thank you for the Sun Fire v240 support!

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 11:02:12AM -0700, Matt Weatherford wrote: well, the
> only sticking point was that the v240 eth0 as labeled on the back of the
> machine wasnt the real eth0... it turned out I need to plug in to eth2 to
> get the Debian version of eth0.. an extremely minor annoyance.

With three reports so far, I guess we could add this to the release notes :)

Or maybe file a bug against the kernel driver so that it changes its device
ordering strategy because it consistently misses the physical order, so
there's probably a pattern that can be detected and worked around?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.