Re: Installing Etch on Sun Ultra 2

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 03:26:38PM +0100,
 Yannick Palanque <ypalanque@no-log.org> wrote
 a message of 47 lines which said:

> Here is a schematic, I think it'll be clearer.

The Sun seems connected only by a serial cable? It has no Ethernet
card? In that case, I believe it's over, I do not think the Sparc can
boot over a serial line.

> By "connect directly", I mean connecting the Athlon and the Sun by
> Ethernet without the intermediary of the router...

Sorry, but this sentence does not seem to match the diagram. You mean
"the Pentium", not "the Athlon"? Which one is the DHCP server?

> >But DHCP can be relayed by some routers
>
> ...because I don't think mine can do that.

Therefore, installing the Sparc on the same Ethernet as the DHCP
server is the only solution.