Re: Installing Etch on Sun Ultra 2

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 01:27:58AM +0100,
 Yannick Palanque <ypalanque@no-log.org> wrote
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> I have a Sun Ultra (Enterprise) 2 and I would like to install Etch
> on it.

It should work.

> I'm sure I will need TFP, ok.

TFTP, yes.

> Whose is the best for Etch, a UltraSparc II and a beginner? I think
> of DHCP.

Certainly (RARP and BOOTP are historic.)

> The PC from which I'll send the boot image is connected to a router.
> I think I'll need to connect it directly to the Sun station? Am I
> wrong?

Partly. Things are simpler when the "server" and your Sun are on the
same network (there is absolutely no need to be "directly connected",
but I'm not sure of what you mean by that). But DHCP can be relayed by
some routers (for a Cisco/IOS, see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804412bf.html).