Re: Retiring the sparc32 port

Nope, laptops can virtualize too :-), tho you right. keeping systems
robust is a heavy consideration.

All I'm suggesting is that the environmental impact of the power
consumption of all the bits of hardware at the home and office should
be considered.

There is a lot of needless waste.

Andy

On 19/07/07, Austin Denyer <adenyer@ekn.com> wrote:
andrew holway wrote:
> This is exactly the point I was trying to get across. Assuming your
> not using vista there is no reason why you need more than one
> computer. What are these old systems doing for you? a bit of dns?
> Maybe some kind of webserver? mail?
>
> I have all these thing running in virtual environments on 1 PC which I
> also use as my workstation.

Putting all your eggs in one basket like that is fine as long as you
have a good enough basket, or your services are non-critical.
Otherwise, if the basket breaks you're potentially in for a whole world
of hurt.

Regards,
Austin.