Re: Retiring the sparc32 port

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 07:39:31PM -0400, Robert Reif wrote:
> >just thinkin, I don't think a sparc32 chip has been released in more
> >than 12 years. Surely these cannot be energy efficient machines ;)
>
> Aren't the Sun Rays which are still shipping using microSparc IIep chips?

The clients themselves? Has anyone actually tried to boot anything else on
them other than their own integrated OS? I imagine it would require a fair
bit of hacking, having to disassemble them? And one would still have to
reimplement the server side of things and/or the protocol they use to
communicate.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.