Re: [hardware-donations] Sun Enterprise 4500 and Netra T4, USA

* Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> [2007-06-04 15:52]:
> An E4500 is more or less a shipping nightmare. Do they have its rack mount
> kit? Which CPUs are in it, and how many of them? Another person in England
> recently told me about a similar possible donation, and they also have no
> idea how to ship it...
> A Netra T4 is a 4U server which should be pretty modern, and likely worth
> having. What are the specifications for that one?

I'm not sure, but I'll put you in contact with the donor privately so
you can check.

> If it's sufficiently modern and beefed up, it might be worth
> shipping it to a place with a fat pipe, but I've no idea if such a
> thing is being practised. I could host it over here in Europe, if we
> decided that kind of a trip was worth it.

I doubt shipping to Europe is worth it, but it shouldn't be too hard
to find hosting in California.  Maybe you want to check whether this
box would be useful and whether someone can host it?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/