Re: List of supported machines and flaws with it?

BERTRAND Joël wrote:

>         I don't agree. I have some SS20/SMP (with several configurations dual
> SM71, dual RT626, quad RT626, CG14, leo, CG6...) and I have seen the
> same bug with all kernel after the 2.4.21 on all configurations : system
> can crash with a "Watchdog reset" when X tries to initilize the
> framebuffer. Without X, system seems to be stable, but I suspect a
> serious bug.

Not seen that, and I've run X a lot on that machine. Unfortunately it's now
doing a job where I can't easily break in to check OBP version etc.

Can anybody comment on the extent to which hardware is set up by OBP
initialisation and then never touched by Linux, unlike a PC where the kernel has
to do a lot of preliminary bit-twiddling?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk