Re: List of supported machines and flaws with it?

BERTRAND Joël wrote:

>         2.4 kernels (after 2.4.21) are not stable on sparc32-smp. On all
> sun4m-smp I have tested, they randomly hang with "watchdog reset".

2.4.27 reliable here on an SS20 with 2x80MHz processors, but not with Ross
modules.

Irrespective of hardware, it looks as though if the kernel gets as far as
running init then it's likely to be fairly solid. However one has only to look
back through the ML to see how many people have problems before this point.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk