Re: List of supported machines and flaws with it?

Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
Hi,

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

2)  Is there a list of hardware which work or does not work?

Support for `sun4c' machines (e.g., SS2, SS1, IPC) was officially
dropped in Etch.  I believe Sarge was already hardly installable on such
machines [0].

Support for SMP `sun4m' was dropped (well, largely unmaintained) in the
2.6 Linux kernel and is now slowly reappearing.  However, AFAIK, it is
not yet considered stable.  Thus, Etch won't have any `sparc32-smp'
kernel image [1].  2.4 SMP kernels that came with Sarge do work, though.

2.4 kernels (after 2.4.21) are not stable on sparc32-smp. On all sun4m-smp I have tested, they randomly hang with "watchdog reset".

	JKB