Re: Sarge on SPARCstations etc.

> * Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> on Thu, 1 Mar 2007 at 15:50 +0100:
>
> > On Thursday 01 March 2007 15:24, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> > > This is purely for information in case nobody else has checked
> > > recently. I'm not complaining, I'm not expecting anybody to fix things.
> > > OTOH since Sarge is the last Debian likely to be qualified for 32-bit
> > > SPARC it's a pity usability is decaying.
> >
> > This is not true. Etch _will_ support sparc32, though only sun4m systems.

Thanks for the correction, noted. I'm hoping to be able to nibble away at the
sun4d problems but with very limited time, without a background in this
particular hardware, and without the elusive sun4d architecture documents I
don't know how much further I'll get.

Meanwhile I'm doing yet another SS20 Sarge for a special job, but by now even I
have got my hands on a reasonable population of Ultras :-)

Unfortunately whatever underlies the "Detecting discs and all other hardware"
message grinds to a halt with a flashing cursor at the bottom left of a blank
screen... work continues but is there a trace anywhere that shows what's going
on?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk