Re: sparc buildd issues [Re: Release candidate architecture requalification results; amd64 is RC]

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 01:45:28PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > sparc will be removed from consideration until we no longer have to
> > > worry about OpenOffice builds (or other intensive package builds)
> > > crashing the buildd machines.
> >
> > I have a few Ultra5 machines available, as well as sufficient memory, disk
> > and bandwidth to support expansion. I could probably also get a 280R
>
> Yesterday I decommissioned that 280R and it's now waiting in a storage room.
> I'll find some extra disks and plug them in, as well as a permanent place in
> a network rack.

I finally plugged in that Fire 280R last night! :) It took some time, but
it's there.

> I don't know what kind of memory these machines use, and judging by the
> price of extra CPUs I doubt I'll be able to afford buying more, but
> otherwise this is a machine stronger than either vore or spontini.

OK, so the machine currently has 1 GB RAM, and one 750 MHz processor.

If Debianites have any spare money at hand to buy extra components from one
of those cheap American shops, and are also going to DebConf in Edinburgh,
I'd be happy to reimburse them personally and pick the stuff up at the
conference.

I see sparc is at around 98% mark, so I guess it's no hurry, but I figure it
would help to have this in the long run.

(I would also be willing to be educated about how to run a buildd myself at
the conference :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.