Re: Troubles booting 2.6.16 on sparc32

Hi Jurij,

Today, one hour, 16 minutes, 32 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Yes, this has been reported. Something is wrong with initramfs-tools on
> sparc32, so use yaird to generate initrds for now. The easiest way is to
> install yaird, and then remove initramfs-tools (at least one initramfs
> generator must be installed, otherwise kernel packages' deps are not
> satisfied). You have to manually add the following line somewhere before
> the END GOALS stanza in /etc/yaird/Default.cfg:
>
> MODULE esp
>
> Then run dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.16-1-sparc32, this will cause
> the initrd to be regenerated using yaird.

Thanks for your quick answer.  It indeed solved the problem.

I had first to install the 2.6.8 kernel image from Sarge (I was using a
2.4 SMP kernel) in order to be able to use Yaird (as mentioned in [0])
but then everthing went fine.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2005/12/msg00004.html