Re: Sparc32 support?

Zoe Parsons wrote:
Hi, I've read in a couple of places that there's consideration of dropping Sparc32 support totally for Etch? Is this true, and if so is there anything I can do to help stop that happening?

I've just reinstalled my Sparcbook laptops with Linux (and was going to do the other machines I have lying around), and managed to get 2.6.15 running on there with few problems (I couldn't get the P9100 FB driver to build on 2.4). Apart from not having X running ATM it's working nice and smoothly, so I don't personally see the problem. :-)

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but does this include support
for UltraSparc ?

root@pasha:~# uname -a
Linux pasha 2.6.12-1-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Wed Sep 28 02:34:13 UTC 2005 sparc64 GNU/Linux

Or is Sparc64 considered a different architecture from Sparc32 ?

cheers,
Paul

--
How about inventing a device to put into everybody's house that, through
some kind of electro-magnetic radiation makes them more tranquil and less