Re: Sparc32 support?

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.63.0602021716160.10369@pingu2.penguin>
zoe@theasylum.demon.co.uk writes:
>Hi, I've read in a couple of places that there's consideration of dropping
>Sparc32 support totally for Etch? Is this true, and if so is there
>anything I can do to help stop that happening?

The main things that need work:
debian-installer
kernel
silo

Things that could use more attention:
gcc
binutils

Doing fairly frequent installer tests on a variety of hardware and
working with the d-i team to fix any problems is probably the easiest
and most useful.  As you do that, you can help find and fix bugs in
the rest.

Currently, sparc isn't slated to release with etch, but that was due
to a hardware problem (since fixed) and a kernel bug.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html