sparc developer machines

Hi Jurij,

I noticed in December you posted on this subject, with a call for more machines. I checked the wiki site you linked to ( http:// wiki.debian.org/sparcEtchReleaseRecertification ) and noticed there are still only two machines listed.

I have a Sun Blade 1000 with Dual 650Mhz Ultrasparc III CPUs and 512MB ram (trying to source more ram at the moment) with 250GB firewire drive. Its plugged into a 100mbit FTTH link located in my home. The link is very stable, i've only had about 4 hours downtime in the past year.

Right now, it is firewalled behind my linux router, if it needs to have a public address, let me know and I will get a /29 and give it a public IP.

I'm also hoping to get my hands on another Blade 1000 with 2x750Mhz CPUs, if I can get that I'll add that to the machines available to you guys.

I have an ulterior motive for this of course - I want a usable, stable debian port for Sparc.

How does this look?

jupiter:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : TI UltraSparc III (Cheetah)
fpu             : UltraSparc III integrated FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 0
prom            : 4.0.40
type            : sun4u
ncpus probed    : 2
ncpus active    : 2
Cpu0Bogo        : 398.33
Cpu0ClkTck      : 0000000023c34600
Cpu1Bogo        : 398.33
Cpu1ClkTck      : 0000000023c34600
MMU Type        : Cheetah
State:
CPU0:           online
CPU1:           online
jupiter:~# free
total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 513264 120056 393208 0 20000 46040
-/+ buffers/cache:      54016     459248
Swap:      2000072          0    2000072
jupiter:~# df -h
/dev/sdg1              32G  810M   30G   3% /
tmpfs                 251M     0  251M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdh1             233G   33M  233G   1% /home

The only issue I have is that I don't have a way to back the machine up in case of disk failure. I'll spend some time next month looking for a tape drive and some tapes for the thing.

Anyway, let me know if this would be suitable for the debian sparc port.

Cheers,

Nathan.