anyone have a working initrd for sparc32 kernel 2.6.x?

I'm getting interrupt 15's (usually a memory error?) on a SS20 when loading
initrds made on my box when trying 2.6.8 from Sarge and 2.6.17 from Sid.
silo 1.4.11.

For 2.6.17, I've been trying initramfs (klibc and klibc-utils from Sid as of
yesterday) since mkinitrd.yaird wants a running 2.6.  The initramfs version
completes without messages.

Any initrds or hints about coping with interrupt 15 bailouts while silo is

-- thanks, SP