Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

Hi,

Today, 3 hours, 37 minutes, 28 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> The only thing I can suggest is to try building a kernel with a recent
> patch (attached, should be included in .17), which fixes some rarely
> occuring memory corruptions, sometimes resulting in busted dpkg databases.

I did that some time ago, and was very hopeful ;-), but it didn't make
any difference [0].

The patch in question fixes problems encountered for applications using
`mremap ()'.  In the case of X, it may be a lower-level, specific
problem (I'd have said DMA or some such, but I am not familiar at all
with how X interacts with the kernel and video RAM).

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/sparclinux/msg00193.html