Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64
- To: Jurij Smakov <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64
- From: Ludovic Courtès <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:27:29 +0200
- Message-id: <20060618202724.GB2370@cassis>
- Mail-followup-to: Jurij Smakov <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.63.0606180939340.3234@bobcat>
- References: <20060613183847.GA2401@cassis> <f238d79b1278589987f6508479d1d6d2@localhost> <20060617135154.GA2345@cassis> <Pine.LNX.4.63.0606171335210.2932@bobcat> <20060618162346.GA2370@cassis> <Pine.LNX.4.63.0606180939340.3234@bobcat>
Today, 3 hours, 37 minutes, 28 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> The only thing I can suggest is to try building a kernel with a recent
> patch (attached, should be included in .17), which fixes some rarely
> occuring memory corruptions, sometimes resulting in busted dpkg databases.
I did that some time ago, and was very hopeful ;-), but it didn't make
any difference .
The patch in question fixes problems encountered for applications using
`mremap ()'. In the case of X, it may be a lower-level, specific
problem (I'd have said DMA or some such, but I am not familiar at all
with how X interacts with the kernel and video RAM).