Re: SS2 with Boot 2.6

Blars Blarson a écrit :
In article <[🔎] 446508B5.6070003@systella.fr> mt1@systella.fr writes:

I never see any SMP bug on sparc64 after 2.6.14 release... While debian/Sparc uses a 32 bits userland, I don't understand why we have to cut the sparc port in sparc32 and sparc64 ports. Today, the main problem comes from the worst support of SMP in sparc32 kernel, from the ESPFAS (and its DMA trouble) and from the HyperSPARC cache.

My ultra-2 crashes randomly under high load with kernels as late as
2.6.17rc2.  "RED state exception" is what it gets, in the 2.6.17rc it
gets stuck in an infinite loop of them rather than rebooting.

Have you tried putting a high load on your system?  Compiling
openoffice and the kernel at the same time is the type of load being
discussed.

I have a lot of sparc64 systems with high load (the load average of one of them, an Ultra60/SMP is 14 for the last day) and I have never seen this trouble.

kant:[~] > uptime
 08:31:17 up 103 days, 13:32,  31 user,  load average: 16.54, 12.07, 14.39
kant:[~] > cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : TI UltraSparc II  (BlackBird)
fpu             : UltraSparc II integrated FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 23
prom            : 3.23.1
type            : sun4u
ncpus probed    : 2
ncpus active    : 2
D$ parity tl1   : 0
I$ parity tl1   : 0
Cpu0Bogo        : 897.02
Cpu0ClkTck      : 000000001ad28548
Cpu2Bogo        : 897.02
Cpu2ClkTck      : 000000001ad28548
MMU Type        : Spitfire
State:
CPU0:           online
CPU2:           online
kant:[~] > uname -a
Linux kant 2.6.15.1-netfilter-route-patch #3 Fri Jan 27 13:21:49 CET 2006 sparc64 GNU/Linux

	Regards,

	JKB