Re: SS2 with Boot 2.6

In article <[🔎] 446508B5.6070003@systella.fr> mt1@systella.fr writes:
>	I never see any SMP bug on sparc64 after 2.6.14 release... While
>debian/Sparc uses a 32 bits userland, I don't understand why we have to
>cut the sparc port in sparc32 and sparc64 ports. Today, the main problem
>comes from the worst support of SMP in sparc32 kernel, from the ESPFAS
>(and its DMA trouble) and from the HyperSPARC cache.

My ultra-2 crashes randomly under high load with kernels as late as
2.6.17rc2.  "RED state exception" is what it gets, in the 2.6.17rc it
gets stuck in an infinite loop of them rather than rebooting.

Have you tried putting a high load on your system?  Compiling
openoffice and the kernel at the same time is the type of load being
discussed.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html