Re: SS2 with Boot 2.6

In article <[🔎] 4464BA44.6070509@comcat.net> DieszelDawg@comcat.net writes:
>    Can anyone tell me if Sarge can be installed on an SS2 (it will be a
>system logger) with Boot 2.6 ?  Or can I upgrade it to Open Boot ? If
>neither what is the newest version of SunOS or Saolaris that will run on
>it.

debian-installer support sun4m and sun4u .  All tests that I am aware
of on sun4c failed, and there was not enough interest in debugging it
on sun4c.  I think it requires 24 or 32 megs of memory on sparc.

It should be possible to install woody then upgrade to sarge on a
sun4c machine.

sparc is not currently scheduled for release with etch.  I've
sugjested dropping sun4m and keeping sun4u (aka sparc64) but the
sparc64 smp bug in 2.6 kernels is making the buildds unreliable.

IIRC solaris 7 was the last sun release to support sun4m.  sun4c may
have been discontinued earlier.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html