More on installing Etch beta 2 on Sunfire V240

A couple of things I forgot to mention last night:

http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Also, I had to open the V240 and install a 3Com 3C905C-TX to get the
machine on the network - neither the onboard Broadcom nor the
Qfe/HappyMeal interfaces would work (the latter still send frames with a
MAC address which is offset from their actual burned-in address!)

I've now downloaded the Silo 1.4.11 sources and am trying to compile
them, but when I run 'make' I encounter the below problem.  Two of
Silo's dependencies come from the kernel sources, so I had to install
the 2.6.15 sources and copy include/linux/ext2_fs.h to the Silo source
tree's include/ext2fs subdir.

I suspect the kernel sources have changed substantially and that Silo
development hasn't kept pace for whatever reason.

Is anyone running Etch on Sparc and able to compile Silo 1.4.11?

---

In file included from /usr/include/linux/percpu_counter.h:13,
                 from /usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:20,
                 from ../include/ext2fs/ext2_fs.h:20,
                 from ./file.h:22,
                 from file.c:23:
/usr/include/linux/percpu.h: In function '__alloc_percpu':
/usr/include/linux/percpu.h:45: error: 'GFP_KERNEL' undeclared (first
use in thi
s function)
/usr/include/linux/percpu.h:45: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported o
nly once
/usr/include/linux/percpu.h:45: error: for each function it appears in.)
In file included from ../include/ext2fs/ext2_fs.h:20,
                 from ./file.h:22,
                 from file.c:23:
/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h: At top level:
/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:49: error: syntax error before 'u32'
/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:51: error: syntax error before '*' token
/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:56: error: syntax error before '}' token
file.c: In function 'register_silo_inode':

....[ warnings and stuff deleted ].....

make[1]: *** [file.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/silo/silo-1.4.11/second'
make: *** [all] Error 1

security@ffastfill.com

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the FFastFill Email
Security System.