Re: Problem with /tmp d-i BUG?

Uwe A. P. Wuerdinger wrote:
> After my succesfull install of sarge on a Balde 100 I doscoverd
> that the permissions for /tmp are wrong.
>
> It should be drwxrwxrwx but it is drwxr-xr-x also
> the partition recipe of d-i created a seperated tmp partition
> /dev/hda7 there was no ext3 filesystem created on it

The only automatic partitioning recipe that creates a /tmp partition is
the multi-user one, which is not the default. Did you choose that one?

I know of nothing in the installer that would cause that partition not
to be formatted.

> and /dev/shm tmpfs was mounte on the /tmp moint point anyway.

Sorry, but I don't understand this sentence; /dev/shm is a mount point
that has a tmpfs filesystem mounted on it. I don't know how a mount
point could be mounted on /tmp.

> looks like that tmpfs behavier is triggered by the existence of the
> /etc/default/tmpfs file putet there by the initscripts package.

Nothing in initscripts mounts a tmpfs on /tmp. /etc/init.d/mountvirtfs
mounts a tmpfs on /dev/shm, it always does this no matter what the
content of /etc/default/tmpfs is.

I think you need to do more investigation or give a clearer explantation
of your problem.

> And on other thing mkfs -t fstype gives only a not found.

What fstype?

--
see shy jo