Re: weird-o-rama: Type5 keyboard suddenly becomes PC104 keyboard...

Thanks, all! The mouse is working now. The config that works for me (custom 2.6.8 kernel on an Ultra5 with Type 5 (actually, "type 6" on KB) serial keyboard & Crossbow serial mouse), if anyone cares, is

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Sun Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
EndSection

When I had "/dev/psaux" as CorePointer, kdm caught Signal 11 & refused to start up. No other discernable comments in kdm.log. I do have to unplug & re-plug the mouse connector, though. Any thoughts on what's up with that? A minor annoyance, but since I'll be running this machine 24/7 anyway, it shouldn't be much of a problem for me.

Thanks again.

Dan.