Re: weird-o-rama: Type5 keyboard suddenly becomes PC104 keyboard...

> It's as though the Sun keyboard's firmware was
> reprogrammed to generate PC104 scan codes.

That's completely normal behavior with 2.6 kernels (where the input layer
was redesigned).

So you're saying I should use the "us" (PC104) keyboard mapping even with the Sun type 5 keyboard on a 2.6 kernel? Let me give it a shot...

See the post-halloween-2.6.txt doc in kernel source Documentation dir.