Re: Debian Sparc Buildd

In article <[🔎] 1110926057.995.6.camel@raphael> inkubus@interalpha.co.uk writes:
>If there is a shortage of machines for building / developers then I
>might be able to dig up something.

As far as I understand, the main problems with sparc are not
availability of hardware.

One of the two sparc buildds is suffering disk problems currently (and
has previously) but there is already an offer of a better replacement
machine pending.

There have been kernel porting issues, and I beleive additional help
could be used there.

Debian-installer could use more testing, especially on newer systems.
USB keyboards and other hardware not in 5-year old workstations are
areas that most need testing.

sun4c/sun4d are not being supported in sarge, (at least for new
installs) and it looks like sun4m (the last sparc32) will not be in
etch even if sparc is a release architecture.

My collection I've been using for d-i testing is: sparcstation lx,
sparcstation 5, (2) sparcstation 20, ultra 1, ultra 1e, ultra 2*, (2*)
ultra 5, ultra 30.  (* suffering hardare problems) Lack of time (and
room) is much more of a problem for me than lack of hardware.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html