Re: SunBlade D-I problems

Jurij Smakov wrote:
> >>[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=299074
> >
> >He lists the exact way to solve the problem, which is that
> >SBUS driver modules don't get loaded properly, and that
> >by autoloading the modules he listed the problem can be worked
> >around.
> >
> >It looks to me like there is an autoprobing and automatic
> >module loading mechanism for PCI devices, and there is not
> >one for SBUS devices.
>
> Autoprobing for SBUS devices has been included in discover1 for quite some
> time now. And it works nicely with the recent (pre-RC3) installer images,
> I have tested it myself just a few days ago on an Ultra 1. Unfortunately,
> the submitter does not mention the version of the installer he used...
> Anyway, as I was writing this message, the CIA bot reported that Joey Hess
> has made a commit forcing the loading of sunbmac, sunhme and esp modules
> to close this bug :-).

Yes, but I didn't realize that it was probably a non-bug. Do you think I
ought to revert that then?

I guess the thing that's worrying me is that the last recorded discover1
change for sbus was this:

discover1 (1.6.6) unstable; urgency=high

  * Joshua Kwan
    - Fix broken sbus detection on sparc64.

 -- Joshua Kwan <joshk@triplehelix.org>  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:25:31 -0700

Ben didn't mention in #299074 what version of d-i he used, but it seems
unlikely that it predated rc2, which should have included that change.

--
see shy jo