SunBlade D-I problems (was: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

Hi David,

On Monday 14 March 2005 23:24, David S. Miller wrote:
> > We seem to have some serious problems with d-i on newer sun systems
> > (such as sun blades). Keyboard doesn't work, CD may not work. This
> > may or may not be a kernel problem.
> >
> > Just one thing I happen to know of.
>
> Which exact blade models?  My SB1500 is my main workstaion and besides
> that (fixed) clock probing issue, the machine works flawlessly.  There
> are minor ATI Radeon xfree86 driver issues, which I'll submit fixes
> for, but simply using "fbdev" as the driver works perfectly fine and
> works around those problems.

See installation-report #298927 in BTS [1]. Also this [2] thread on
d-boot.

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/03/msg00249.html

There is also #299074 [3], but that is probably unrelated.

Cheers,
FJP