Re: problem with sun/us in XFree on sarge

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Hartwig Atrops wrote:

Hi all.

I recently updateted my Sarge installation on my Ultra 30 and had the same
problem since then. US type 5 keyboard, installed in english.

Today I first changed the XF86config-4 according to the advice below - didn't
help. Then I removed the ';' as described in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/01/msg00085.html (see below) - same
problem.

Then I returned to my original XF86config-4 (';' still removed):
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"

... and it works!

  Hartwig

Hello,

Great to hear that you were able to work around the problem. As it is frequently encountered problem and the information on it is not easy to find (it is spread over a few bug reports and mailing list messages), may I suggest that you write it up on the sparc wiki page at

http://wiki.debian.net/?PortsSparc

with all the relevant links and details?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org