Re: Elite3D PCI, anyone?

Hi all,

I have a Rage 7000 Mac card working in my Uax just fine. The Rage 7000
Mac is also an ATI card but newer version. The Mac stuff says its an
OBP card. Very good so far. This card can do reasonable 32bit screens
with 1280 x 1024...

The problem is ATI messed up two small spots in the OBP and got caught
by powerpc machine specific issues. The card won't boot at all, i.e.
the Ultra wont come up at all with the original card.

I have set up some binary patches for my specific Rage 7000 card,
which work well for me. I have posted these patches back to ATI
without reasonable response (guess they did not understand my problem).
Anyway I was able to patch the OBP on the card with some binary
patches and reprogrammed the boot Flash on the card and I am now
happily enjoying X at 1280x1024x32 at 85MHz with the Xfree86 Rage
driver...

If there would be enough interest I would dig out my old work here,
best would be of course some pointer into ATI to get this into production
for future Mac cards...

Btw, Dave, please note my e-mail address change.

Best wishes
Eddie