Re: Elite3D PCI, anyone?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Luigi Gangitano wrote:

Hi,
I'm pleased to become part of the debian sparc minority (as some folks
on -devel want to point out: "let's remove all of them!!!"). :-)

Welcome to the club!

So here I have my brand new Sun Blade 100 (not that new...) to help
debian spread on Sparc. Installation went fine, new kernel as well. Just
the Elite3D PCI is not recongnized by X:

0000:01:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intergraph Corporation: Unknown device 07a0

I've seen the SBus drivers, and will be hacking the next days on them.
Did anyone already solved the puzzle? (just asking).

Ok. In the end this message was only to say "I'm here too". If this
machine can be of any help as a testing or building machine, raise your
hand.

I would appreciate very much if you could tell about your experiences in view of bug #281243 [0]. There two people reported that the latest stock Debian kernels (in particular, kernel-image-2.4.27-2-sparc64) fails to detect the IDE controller (which is presumably ALI) on SB100. Important information is the version of kernel-image and initrd-tools you use, the output of lspci -v and the list of loaded modules. It would be also great if you could check that ALI IDE driver is present in the /loadmodules file on the initrd.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org