Re: U5 boot from CompactFlash?

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Dieter Jurzitza wrote:

> Hi Antonio,
> this will always fail (IMHO). To boot from a device makes it neccessary that
> OpenBoot knows about it - I highly doubt this for your CF-card adapter. You
> can only boot from devices that are known to your OB - that's why I boot my
> U60 from a cdrom / Network because the harddisk hangs on the 29160 adapter
> which is not accessible prior to loading the kernel.
> Take care

You might well be correct. Still it would be nice if it did work.

On the othe hand, from the OB, the command probe-ide has no problems in
recognising the CF including size.

So hope is not great, but I'll experiment further...

Saluti,
Antonio Prioglio

--
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
							Aristoteles

    /"\
    / \