Re: U5 boot from CompactFlash?

Hi Antonio,
this will always fail (IMHO). To boot from a device makes it neccessary that
OpenBoot knows about it - I highly doubt this for your CF-card adapter. You
can only boot from devices that are known to your OB - that's why I boot my
U60 from a cdrom / Network because the harddisk hangs on the 29160 adapter
which is not accessible prior to loading the kernel.
Take care

Dieter

Am Freitag, 25. Februar 2005 18:56 schrieb Antonio Prioglio:
> Hi,
> I've installed a ide-CF adapter inside an U5 in order to boot from there
> while the rest of the system is installed on scsi via an Adaptec

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)