Re: SILO parameter proble

Am Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2005 20:40 schrieb Howard Applesdale:
> i've got a problem with my SS20 wich has stable-release fresh
> installed:
> after booting SILO complains about not found kernel-image. at SILO's
> prompt i have the chance to fire my system with the following line up:
> /iommu/sbus/espdma@f,400000/esp@f,800000/sd@3,0;1/vmlinuz
> root=/dev/sda1

You know that some (all) PROM-Versions of the SS20 have a 1GB limit to boot
from? AFAIK, it is suggested to have to /boot partition as sda1, SILO even
has its config file there for that reason
(symlink /etc/silo.conf->/boot/silo.conf exists).
On my SS20, Partitions are:
sda1 /boot
sda2 swap
sda3 disk
sda4 /

Installers do not tend to tell you about such things (neither Solaris8+ not
Debian), AFAIK this was different with Woody.

HS

        oder über pgp.net