SILO parameter proble

Hi there,

i've got a problem with my SS20 wich has stable-release fresh
installed:
after booting SILO complains about not found kernel-image. at SILO's
prompt i have the chance to fire my system with the following line up:
/iommu/sbus/espdma@f,400000/esp@f,800000/sd@3,0;1/vmlinuz
root=/dev/sda1

it is a little uncomfortable to specify the kernel-file from the
powerplug onwards. don't ask me, how many typos i have made since this
state...

any suggestions, how to handle this behaviour? since the system will
become a headless router this state is impractical...

greetings
howie