Re: [SUMMARY] Testing 2.6.10 on sparc

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:13 -0500, Jurij Smakov wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Thanks to everyone who tested 2.6.10 on their machines. This poll provided
>lots of valuable information, detailing the potential RC problems for the
>new kernel version. I have summarized it by category on the
>SparcKernelStatus wiki page [0]. Feel free to correct and update it.

I just tested the 2.6.10 kernel on my Ultra1 and it seems to work fine,
except for one crucial issue: it fails to configure the network
interface. The same problem occured with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 kernels that I
tried, both on my Ultra 1 and Ultra 5. The message is:

Configuring network interfaces...SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
Failed to bring up eth0.
done.

With the 2.4 kernels the eth0 is configured correctly, both on the Ultra
1 and the Ultra 5.

Regards,
Peter