Testing 2.6.10 on sparc

Hello people,

Recently there was an irc meeting of the debian-kernel team and various
port maintainers [0] in an attempt to decide whether it is feasible to switch all arches from 2.6.8 to 2.6.10 kernel for sarge. As I happened to be the only one of the sparc fame attending, I was asked to figure out the current situation with 2.6.10. Therefore, I would like to ask people to report their successes/failures with 2.6.10. That's the information we have today:

sparc32
-------
I have put together a 2.6.10 kernel-image (current kernel-source-2.6.10 plus some of William Irwin's patches [1]), which boots on my SS10. It appears to mostly work (no oopses), but I have noticed that it corrupts the stuff in /var/lib/dpkg whenever dpkg is used :-((, breaking it hard. My machine is using ROSS Hypersparc processor, and it might be CPU-specific. I would appreciate, if someone could test it on other types of sparc32 hardware. Note, that this kernel image is highly EXPERIMENTAL and may COMPLETELY BREAK the machine, to the point of reinstallation being required. It can be downloaded from [2].

sparc64
-------
Nothing is known so far. Frans Pop is building some sparc64 images, which should hopefully be available tomorrow. We'll do some preliminary testing and if they at least boot, will make them publicly available.

[0] http://minbar.dodds.net/~vorlon/kernel-2.6.10-discussion.log
[1] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/patches/2.6.10-wli-sparc32-unapplied.patch
[2] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/kernel-image-2.6.10-1-sparc32_2.6.10-1_sparc.deb

Thanks and best regards,