Re: Trying to install on SS5: results

> Unless something has recently changed, and I don't believe it
> has, the SS5/170 (TurboSPARC) has never been a stable plaform
> for Linux.  I'd suggest testing such releases on an alternate
> system if you are able.
> I'm not suggesting the malfuctioning display drivers would work
> on a non-170, but reports of instability during installation
> (and subsequent runtime) certainly seem consistent with reported
> SS5/170issues.

I also tried this installation on a 3rd SS5/110 (microSparcII)
with same problems.

My SS5/170 run fine under Sarge as small webservers (Apache,
PHP, MySQL) and also as ftp servers (proftpd) and i do not see
any stability problems for more than 1 month.

Small note: i run 2.4 kernel, not 2.6 and at bootup, a line
show up in syslog with TurboSparc-specific MMU support.

I am perfectly aware that my setup (TurboSparc) and linux
install (lvm, raid in append mode) is not very common and
i just wanted to report that it works good with some tricks.

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)