Re: Trying to install on SS5: results

On Wed,  9 Feb 2005 15:30:27 +0100, Cyril Laury <cyril.laury@laposte.net> wrote:
> I've also tried (and managed) to install Sarge on two
> Sparcstation-5 (SS-170, 256Meg, type 5 keyboard) with 20041219
> netinst images.

Unless something has recently changed, and I don't believe it has, the
SS5/170 (TurboSPARC) has never been a stable plaform for Linux.  I'd
suggest testing such releases on an alternate system if you are able.
I'm not suggesting the malfuctioning display drivers would work on a
non-170, but reports of instability during installation (and
subsequent runtime) certainly seem consistent with reported SS5/170
issues.