Low Memory Sarge Installation

I used the Sarge weekly build CD 20050202 to install on a SPARCstation 5
with 32MB of memory. I get the low memory warning explaining I can only
install in English (no problem here) but it will not allow me to
acknowledge the warning and proceed, because the keyboard does not work.

The keyboard works fine in OpenPROM, but when I boot the CD, nothing I
type is registered by the kernel or the D-I installation screens. Yet,
the L1-A combination still brings up OpenPROM, and OpenPROM works
correctly, even after the kernel cannot see the keyboard. So that seems
to preclude the possibility that the CD is freezing the system.

What possibilities am I missing here?