Problems booting with initrd [was: Re: Testing 2.6.10 on sparc]

Hi Mehul,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

I have an Ultra2.  I can get Debian stable kernel installed
and working just fine.  Anything that uses initrd (which
would include 2.6.x as well I believe) just does not
work.  I can never get it booted.

Sorry, you need to include a little bit more information about your setup to make clear what is going/went wrong. 2.4 kernels in Debian are using initrd as well and has been doing so for a while. Are you compiling your own kernels or using stock Debian kernel-images? In the latter case, what particular versions of packages have you tried, where were they downloaded from and what particular error messages you've received?

cheers,

     mehul

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org