Re: USB on Ultra 10

Actually it is not difficulkt to find a USB 2.0 controller for your ultra10 that will work. All those mentionned at http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/PCI.html will probably work. I have personnally an adaptec 3100, and it works very well on my ultra 10, both with Linux and Solaris. I thing in general harware expension for a sun pci based machine, the best bet is to buy something that is at least supported on the mac, since then you're pretty sure the card does not contain specific x86 hardware designs.
Manu

Meelis Roos a écrit :

VV> i tried to install an USB2.0 controller on Ultra 10 (to be able to
VV> connect an external USB device); but unfortunately the system does not
VV> boot with the USB controller inserted into a PCI slot: upon power on,
VV> the display switches on, but nothing is comes up, - even not the openboot.

I tried a generic Opti OHCI USB 1.1 controller in my U5 (same mainboard
as U10) and it worked fine. So there is some hope.