Re: Updating Openboot PROM

> It worked fine on an Ultra60.

nope,

i bought me an U60 from ebay last month.
i had an U2 too. there was no problem to flash the U2 via network, but
the U60 terminated with the "MMU..." i think about an memory failure on
the U60 because the MMU failure seems to me like an memory adress.
so i remove the memory from the U60 and put 4 modules from the U2 into it.
after that the flash procedure works fine!

but a friend of mine with the same problem on his U60 ... we change the
memory modules with the working U2 ones ... the MMU failure still happend!

i guess this could be an error on the logic board or something...
(i'm not really into the hardware of the Ultras...)

thorsten

--
(°>  secure your emails!
//\  http://www.die-netzwerker.de/key/gnupg_pub.asc