Re: Please test pre-release 2.6.14-3 packages

Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hi,
> I have built the pre-release 2.6.14-3 packages from svn revision 4764 and
> uploaded them (linux-image packages only) to
> http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.6/

Tested today on a Sun Ultra 10. I've noticed 2 problems:
1) The first problem is connected with the parport_pc module.
cat some_file > /dev/lp0 locks up the machine. We can reset it with
Works if we recompile with FIFO DMA disabled.
2) bttv works now with the Jetway bt878 tv card but the machine locks
up completely after a few minutes. Keyboard doesn't respond, the
machine doesn't respond to ping. The only solution is a hard reset. Any
suggestion would be appreciated.
Both problems are repeatable.

Best regards,